Benefits of having a mentor

I have always wanted a mentor, mainly because I have been my own inspiration ever since I could make adult decisions, this can be backdated to my teenage years. Not taking away the amazing human being I am, but one cannot rely solely on thought up ideologies on how life is lived and experiences, you need someone who has either walked the path you would like to take or at least has walked half way.  

And besides inspiration, GUIDANCE. This was also a very important reason for me.  

My boss brought in someone who is an expert in social media engagement, strategy, portfolios, analytics, the works I tell you. This was the tip of the iceberg, when she finally landed in sunny Zinkwazi, she proved to be the breath of fresh air I was anticipating, and more. From the moment she walked into the office I could tell my life was going to change one way or the other. 

I related to her spirit: full of life, expressive, a glow in  her smile; I had an instant girl crush. 

When she finally had a sit down with me, I could tell this woman was educated, confident, knew herself and was on a mission. I loved it. "That's what I want people to get from me" was my first thought, second: "I want this type of energy around me", because you know what they say, 'you hang around what you want to be' (not really sure if it's phrased like that but you get what I mean).

So this particular young lady is already pulling me in with her articulation, descriptive vocabulary, question-statement style of speaking. Let alone her achievements and her plans for how she wants to transform and elevate me with my already amazing work skills and writing (and I quote).

We had a full week of training bliss. Now I know a couple of people who dread the thought of the process of being trained, especially with the training style that was used on me. 

But boy was I on cloud 9, from when the day would start, she would not only teach me points, analytics,calculations which were all very new to me as I have previously expressed, social media is not really my forte. 
But she would throw in life plans in the mix, explaining where a particular skill could be used and on what level, how to go about it and throw in a testimonial of an experience that she has either achieved or a goal she is aiming for. 

Its Friday today and I feel I could write for Vogue Australia, I could work at Google, proof reading Adword adverts on social mediums. 

Now besides me low-key humble bragging my knowledge that I gained within a week (thats how fantastic she is) 

The confidence that has been (re)installed in me. Insane. All of the energy of one person, not being a support system but them being themselves in your space. 

Love and Light  



Comments

Popular Posts