Playing with Politics

"Zarahbellum don't you hear the phone is ringing?"

This is what was I was asked this morning with a swing in the neck and a stance that had so much sass and attitude that if you were taking a glimpse at the scenario, you would think we were in an episode of Martin, and Gina was asking him where he had been the whole night.

Lol, I literally giggled and answered the phone (because I mean I heard the phone and I was going to answer it).

I have come to realize that office politics are never really company rules-based but rather how colleagues treat each other based on company rules. I don't answer phones, but if there is a phone ringing, naturally, I will answer it. Anyway, besides that being a very detailed example, I know I might be slightly petty, (to the point where I'm writing a blog post about it). But it bothers me so much that when in an office environment we have to hold our tongues because "it's your job", "you can't afford to lose it", "avoid drama at all costs". As much as this advice is given with the greatest intention, personally I don't think it's healthy.

Your work takes up half your life, you spend 8-9 hours at work, 5 days a week. I mean if that doesn't seep into your being then you are one cold person.

A work environment needs to be productive, motivating, filled with laughter, busyness. I mean when you have a good day at work, nothing can really fuck up the rest of your day, because the thought of the next day is so good, you're just at ease.

So now, you have the dreaded thought of seeing that dreadful person and thinking what dreadful encounter you would have with them the following day, uuurgh.

When I answered the phone, I was happy, chirpy, customer service skills on a hundred. Took the message and handed it over to the dreadful person with extensive friendliness, because feeding into bad energy feeds into your being, and this also friends, should apply to your work relationships.

Love and Light 

Comments

Popular Posts