The Dream

The sound of the ocean cradles me into consciousness. I bat my eyes open and when I look down, I see a big, strong hand cupping my left breast gently. I smile and exhale - I feel loved, I feel safe. Droplets of water trickle down my body to orange granite tiles, they are an art piece against my brown feet and newly painted red toe-nails. I feel refreshed.  


I slip on a white, strappy dress and pick at my nappy hair until it is moulded into a glorified afro. I feel my ancestor’s pride. 


Sade's voice fills the house, harmonizing with chopping on a board and the coffee-maker hissing. I feel the music. Locking eyes with my knight in shining armour; I lean against the door frame while grabbing a cup of coffee being handed to me. I’m showered with face kisses - I feel cared for. 


I park my coffee on a coaster and open my laptop. My latest piece is staring back at me, waiting to be dressed and presented to the world. My mind, body, and spirit begin to synchronize and start living out my life passion and talent. 


Everything seems alright in the world. 

Comments

Popular Posts