FebuHairy: Letting women be free with their body hair.


So I was having a lazy day at work and as I was pretending to put in my 8 hours; I came across an article with a big bold headline: FebuHAIRY: why women are growing their hair and why some think it's unhygienic and promotes laziness.

Lol. Hahahahahahahaha.

Then they went on to subtly make eighty percent of the article on 'statistics' on what men would think about 'unshaven' women as partners, what was the likelihood of them becoming girlfriends, wives, meet the friends and parents, wara wara fish paste.....

Whoa guys, how hectic?

Now I know we live in a time where woman empowerment and living freely in your skin is something you don't have to ask twice, or even ask at all really. But are we fully living in that truth as a people, or do we choose when and how to apply the movement?

Okay, I'm an attractive, young, educated, independent, funny, supportive woman. If a guy comes through and he's like "yo, this chick ticks all the boxes for me", are my unshaven legs a dealbreaker?

Now I have touched on this subject in a previous post: Analogue Girl In A Digital World, where I basically chat about doing what I want, when I want, how I want - you get the gist, and not shaving was one of the items on "I do what I want" list.

If I don't have a problem with not shaving, why would I change something I don't have a problem with? I know it seems like an easy philosophy that everybody should be living by, but as the old adage goes: common sense is not that common.

When I went through puberty and my body hair started growing (and boy did it grow cause I'm quite a hairy person), it made me feel like a whole lot of woman hahaha. I loved it!

It wasn't until a day where I was changing in front of a friend of mine and she noticed how I had a whole jungle spread across my body - she immediately brought me to the world of razors, creams, honey, oil; you name it. She basically stained me with the mentality of "this is what makes you a woman".   




I don't like being told how to live my life. I don't think anyone should be okay with being told how to live their lives. With that being said, if you want to shave, you should totally do it! The point is you're doing it because YOU want to.

Always breathe and live in what is true TO YOU. Never the norm, what's in or whatever people do in order to validate their position in society. ALWAYS DO WHAT IS TRUE TO YOUR SOUL.

So the next time you pick up that razor, ask yourself: Am I really doing this for me.

Are you team jungle life? Or do you shave and find discomfort in the process? Tell your shaving/non-shaving story by leaving a comment below! 






Comments

Popular Posts